“Urgent Call to Action”
The Sons of Confederate Veterans made a good showing at the SMMA meeting on April 26th. Both Martin O’Toole and I were able to speak and we passed out the SCV proposal for Heritage Tourism to the SMMA Board Members.
The proposed changes the SMMA CEO Bill Stephens made to the SMMA Board was at the April 26th meeting was:
- Change the name of Confederate Hall.
- Relocate the Confederate Flags from the memorial flag terrace to an obscure area of less prominence.
- Name roads in the memorial park other names not related to the Confederacy.
- Construct a bell tower chapel on top of Stone Mountain named “Freedom Chapel”, unrelated to the Confederacy.
- New display in Memorial Hall prominent with the contextual history of the “controversial” carving – including “Klan” involvement.
- Change the SMMA Logo to remove the carvings.
CALL to ACTION:
I ask all members that are able to come to the SMMA meeting on Monday, May 17 at 1:00 pm to get on the list to speak to the Board against any changes to Stone Mountain.
To get on the list to speak you must call the SMMA office at (770)-498-5611. Call ASAP to get on the list before the list fills up with the opposition.
The rule is to be precise and polite. This will not be a protest it is to show your support against changes to Stone Mountain.
We have asked to be placed on the agenda to present our full proposal at the May 17th meeting.
The meeting on Monday, May 17, at 1:00 pm at the Evergreen Conference Center in Salon A-D. The address is:
4021 Lakeview Dr, Stone Mountain, GA 30083
CALL to ACTION:
Kemp is Breaking Another Campaign Promise and Selling out his Base. We to hold him Accountable.
We need to send Governor Brian Kemp letters, emails, and phone calls to his office immediately.
Let him know you have been a supporter of his and you are disappointed with his appointment of a “Community Activist” as Chairman of the SMMA who committed to change Stone Mountain Park. That he needs to quit pandering to the woke mob and protect Georgia’s History and Heritage, leave Stone Mountain Memorial Park alone. That is an important issue with you, your family, and friend and could strongly influence your vote in 2022.
Governor Brian P. Kemp
206 Washington Street
Suite 203, State Capitol
Atlanta, GA 30334
Call : (404) 656-1776
Trey.Kilpatrick@georgia.gov – Chief of Staff
Burt.Brantley@georgia.gov – Deputy Cheif of Staff