Below are the proposed By-Law Amendments we will be voting on this year and a listing of declared Brigade Commander Candidates.
Proposed Amendment #01
This amendment, if passed, will be numbered “8” in the Bylaws Preamble.
Submitted by: Scott K. Gilbert, Jr., Commander, Sharpsburg Sharpshooters Camp #1729
8. To commit and insure that the impartial history of the South will be taught to each generation, current and future, in accordance with the “Charge” given to the Sons of Confederate Veterans by Lt. Gen. Stephen Dill Lee, Commander-in-Chief of the United Confederate Veterans, in his speech on April 25, 1906, at the 16th Annual Meeting and Reunion of the United Confederate Veterans being held in New Orleans, Louisiana.
“To you, Sons of Confederate Veterans, we will commit the vindication of the cause for which we fought. To your strength will be given the defense of the Confederate soldiers’ good name, the guardianship of his history, the emulation of his virtues, the perpetuation of those principles which he loved and which you also love and to those ideals which made him glorious, and which you also cherish.”
This will be the mission statement for all current and future members of the Georgia Division, Son of Confederate Veterans, Inc. as defined within these By-Laws and Constitution.
Proposed Amendment #02
The purpose of the amendment is to have candidates running for State-wide division office declare their candidacy before the Annual Reunion in order to give our Camps the opportunity to discuss their preferences with their members.
Submitted by: Al Perry, Editor Georgia Confederate
co-sponsor: Tim Pilgrim, Georgia Division Commander
strike through and Additions are underlined and BOLDED)
ARTICLE VI. DIVISION OFFICERS
Any Division officer
desiring to run for another or qualified Georgia Division member who wants to run for a State-wide elected Division office before the term of his current office expires must announce his candidacy in written form to the Division Adjutant and Division Commander at least sixty (60) forty five (45) days prior to the Annual Division Convention. This The current position of the Division Officer ‘s position running for the State-wide elected office will be considered an open position to be voted on at the same Annual Convention. regardless of whether it is an even or odd year. This Officer shall remain qualified to run for his vacated office should he not be elected to the new position.
Declared Candidates for Brigade Commanders:
· Tim Hawkins, Commander Lt. James T. Woodward Camp #1399 and
Georgia Division Chief of Staff Officer.
· Tom Holley, Commander Thomson Guards Camp #91
· Tim May, Lt Commander Col. Edmond N. Atkinson Camp #680
· Bo Slack , Commander Jefferson Davis Cowboys Camp #682
· Jack Cowart, Commander CSS Chattahoochee Camp #2314
Brigade Commander elections will be held this year, all Camps are encouraged to send their Delegates for full representation on these important votes.
124th GEORGIA DIVISION REUNION
JUNE 4th & 5th, 2021
THE MACON MARRIOTT CITY CENTER
240 COLISEUM DRIVE