Gentlemen,There is only
before our 123rd annual Division Reunion being held on July 10 and July 11, 2020. We have many important items we will be voting on and all Camps need to have a full delegation present. See below and please Register.
Below are the following items that will be voted on at this annual reunion.:
Policy #9 was enacted by the Executive Council and shall be approved by Delegates:
Policy 9. In the event of a conflict with the date of the Annual Convention Business Meeting as specified in Article VIII, Section 1 of the Division By-Laws. The Time and Place Committee shall make an alternate date recommendation to the Executive Council for their approval. This recommendation must be made and approved by the Executive Council within (2) two months prior to the date of the Annual Convention Business Meeting as specified in Article VIII, Section 1 of the Division By-Laws.
The purpose of this amendment is to have candidates declare candidacy for division office before the Reunion, to give Camps and Members an opportunity to discuss their preferences prior to the Division Reunion.
Submitted by: Al Perry, Georgia Division Lt Commander South, co-sponsor: Dan Coleman, Georgia Division Judge Advocate. co-sponsor: Tim Pilgrim, Georgia Division Commander
Add is underlined and BOLDED
ARTICLE VI. DIVISION OFFICERS
Section 2. Any Division officer desiring to run for another qualified Georgia Division member who wants to run for aDivision office before the term of his current office expires must announce his candidacy in written form to the Division Adjutant and Division Commander at least sixty (60) thirty (30) days prior to the Annual Division Convention. If a current Division Officer desires to run for another Division office before the term of his current office expires, he also must announce his candidacy for such other office in written form to the Division Adjutant and Division Commander at least thirty (30) days prior to the Annual Division Convention. This Division Officer’s position will be considered an open position to be voted on at the same Annual Convention.regardless of whether it is an even or odd year. This Officer shall remain qualified to run for his vacated office should he not be elected to the new position. Only Candidates for this vacated position and as set out in Section 3 of this article may be nominated from the floor at Convention.
Section 3. Any Candidate for Division level Office shall have at least two years membership in the Georgia Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans, and must have held an elected position of Camp Commander, Lieutenant Commander, or Adjutant. Except for the two (2) year membership requirement in the Georgia Division, this Section does not apply to a candidate for Division Judge Advocate. Further, this section shall not apply where no candidate who is qualified as to length of service or elected position presents himself, in which case any member in good standing may stand for Office and may be nominated from the floor.
Amendment to provide more flexibility to the annual Convention dates in the case of natural disasters, date conflicts and unforeseen changes. Allows annual Convention to be held on the 1st or 2nd Saturday in June.
Submitted by: Tim Pilgrim, Georgia Division Commander
Add is underlined and BOLDED
ARTICLE VIII DIVISION CONVENTION, Section 1.
Notification of Division Officers and Camps as to the Time and Place of Division Conventions is the responsibility of the Host Camp. Provided however, that the Business Meeting of the Convention shall be held on the 1st or 2nd Saturday in June of each year.
Tag Fund Projects to be voted on at Convention:
- Project# 2020-01, Greenwood Cemetery Confederate Monument, submitted by the Calhoun Rifles Camp #1855 in the amount of $4,473.
- Project# 2020-02, Casted aluminum replacement carriage for the GMI memorial cannon at the Marietta Confederate Cemetery, Submitted by the Camps of the 12th Brigade, in the amount of $4,500.
- Project# 2020-03, Bronze Confederate Soldier Monument, Submitted as a Division project, in the amount of $18,500.
- Project# 2020-04, Jefferson Davis Memorial Park pavilion ice machine, submitted by the Jefferson Davis Cowboys #682, in the amount of $2,384.
Declared Candidates of Division State officers as of May 23, 2020:
- Georgia Division Commander:
- Timothy F. Pilgrim, Kennesaw Battlefield Camp # 700
- Georgia Lt. Division Commander North:
- George James Crawford, John B Gordon Memorial Camp #1449
- Georgia Lt. Division Commander South:
- Charles (Chuck)William Griffin, Clement A. Evans Camp #64
- Georgia Division Adjutant:
- Richard Kevin Straut, Confederate Memorial Camp #1432
- Georgia Division Judge Advocate:
- Daniel A. Coleman, Chattahoochee Guards #1639.